1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Running Boards

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by sierra818, Jan 31, 2007.

1. sierra818

sierra818 New Member

Hello again fellas,

It's the newbbie again. My question...
    I have some running boards that I want to install on my truck. Dilema, they came off of an 'Ø6 Avalanche, will these fit my truck? Besides that fact that they have the borders on each end, will I be able to bolt them on to my chasis, I don't know if the Avalanche chasis is the same. Also, he didn't get the bolts, anyone know the size of the bolts to use?

Thanks again guys,
    P.S.-My brother got me a sweet deal...:cool:
  2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

I'm not sure if it would bolt up or not. I can tell you that the Avalanche is based on the Suburban chassis. I'm sure with some fabrication you can make them fit. Might require some bracket extensions. I'm just guessing.
  3. Pyro81

Pyro81 New Member

Heh, late reply, i know, but that's what me and a buddy did with a set of running boards i got from a friend for free. Only problem is they were a bit worse for wear and from a dodge. So i had them sand blasted then we sprayed them with some truck bed liner in a can. When we installed we had to add a plate to one of the mounting brackets on each side because the running boards were about 2-3 inches short. Looked good when we finished and i only spent about $100 on them. I figure they're good enough for now till they rust through and break. Then i'll drop the money for a nice set of stainless steel ones with black powdercoat.
    1 person likes this.