1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

running problems

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by cw121212, May 18, 2013.

1. cw121212

cw121212 New Member

Hey everyone. First thanks in advance for reading my posts and giving some input.
    I have a 94 chevy c1500 v8 5.7L
    Every so often my truck will turn off while driving and usually just start right baxk up. The first time it happened i replaced the battery, still nothing but then i took off and put back on the cable from starter to distribution cap for the spark plugs. She ran good after and then happened every once ina while. Yesterday i replaced all the spark plug cables for a start. Today it turned off twice while driving. I was planning on replacing the spark plugs too just so more is updated. Anyone had this or seen it before?

And another unrelated problem...
    My wipers will turn off sometimes while using, sometimes not even start up at all. Just wondering if it would be a good start to switch the wiper pulse board or is anyone else had this problem and did something different to fix it.
  2. offroadmaine

offroadmaine New Member

check your disributor cap you might have some corrosion built up on one or two of the terminals inside an when it hits just right is enough to kill it. the other thing is check your ignition coil, i just had to replace min on my 87 suburban, it was strong enough to start the truck and i could drive but had a hell of a miss fire so i changed the plugs and wires and checked my dist. cap and it still was doing it changed out the ign. coil and were good to go. somtimes they start to go out and will work just not the right way. and on the wiper deal i have been told you can open the wiper motor an solder the terminals on the pulse board and it will fix your problem ( the factory solder burns up after years) but i have not tried it myself, might be something to look into.
  3. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

Cap and rotor or ignition control module.... I have seen it happen with both.
  4. cw121212

cw121212 New Member

Thx guys. I started out with replacing the icm and ill see if that was it. Then ill move on to replacing the cap if it still continues.
  5. giorge

giorge Rockstar 100 Posts

I have actually had that problem on a 95 2500 GMC and I wound up changing the distributor cap, module and coil, found out later on that is was a bad coil and the cap was cracked. Kept the module for a spare.