1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Running rich

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by trivers, Nov 14, 2007.

1. trivers

trivers New Member

What else should I replace/adjust it seams to be running really rich you can smell it pretty bad at idle. So far I replaced fuel filter, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, O2 sensor. It is a 1993 k1500 suburban, that had been sitting for a year with bad tranny when I got it. So I just need to know where to go next?
  2. homer911

homer911 Rockstar 100 Posts

It could be your fuel pressure regulator or IAC. Un plug IAC and see if it clears up at all
  3. fschevy1988

fschevy1988 New Member

i would check the timing, and the injector pods to see if they are spraying heavy
  4. trivers

trivers New Member

Is the timing adjustable on a 1993?
  5. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The 96 & up with SFI are not adjustable. To adjust the timing on the 93, first bypass the EST system by unplugging the tan/black wire that is located under the relay cover underhood on the passenger side firewall. Then loosen the distributor and set the timing to spec with a timing light.
    [​IMG]
  6. trivers

trivers New Member

what is the spec for timing in the Chilton it just has a circled 1?
  7. trivers

trivers New Member

Ok now since the book is useless. What it the correct pointer for BTDC? I am assuming the slightly larger pointer that is closest to the drivers side? currently it is in the valley right after.
  8. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Haynes specs the timing as TDC, unless the smog label underhood has a different spec.