1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Rust "specks"

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Bulb, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Bulb

Bulb New Member

Hello Everyone,

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe - Z71 package.

I've never had any problems with the truck at all.

However, after going through the car wash recently (hand wash, NOT the one that beats your vehicle to death) I noticed several "specks" on the painted front bumber.

On closer examination, the specks turned out to be "rust spots".

I don't know if the "missing paint" that led to the rust forming was from rock chips or what. There aren't any dents in the bumper. Right now there are only six or eight of these very small "specks". I don't want the whole bumber to rust off!!!!

Has anyone else run into a similar issue? How should I go about getting it repaired?

Is there still a paint warranty for the paint on my 2004 SUV?

Thanks,

Steve

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  2. Paul M

Paul M Rockstar

C'mon Steve. I am from CT originally, now in AZ. You have rust on the bimper. Sand it off in the least noticeable location (or get the Dremel out to do the job) and see what you have going on. I am assuming you can not see the backside of the bumper without removing a lot of parts. You should check the bumper from the backsdie but really I hope the bumper is not thin enough to rust through in 3 years.