1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rust spots on my 2009 Silverado

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Bigbomber, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

While washing my truck today i noticed a whole bunch of surface rust spots all over my tailgate.My truck is white so they were easy to see.Called my dealer and he said to bring it in.He said it could be some film over my clear coat thats causing the spots or he said it could be coming from under the paint,i rubbed a few away but there was 1 or 2 that would not come off with a light rub.Anybody out there ever see or hear of this before?
  2. bozerama

bozerama New Member

dont sweat it it just particulate from your brakes that stick to your paint and it looks like a rust spot ......you can get them off with a good wash and a buff ..!!!......99% of vehicles will have it ...it just shows up on white the most !!
  3. jake's silverado

jake's silverado Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

yup I had it to. a pre wax cleaner takes it off. check the sides of the box down near the bumper. I have some pictures I can find later if you want. Just little rust colored dots.
  4. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

cheap stock brake pads.ceramic is the way to go.
  5. Coolrado

Coolrado Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

they usually cover it under warranty for the first year. It comes right off with a little elbow grease and some glaze, or compound. It happens to every truck but usually the only way you can see it is on lighter colored vehicles. Best thing to do is get ceramic pads and keep the thing waxed.
  6. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Thank you guys for all the info.I really appreciate your time in answering my post