1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rust spots

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by TxTazDad, May 22, 2007.

1. TxTazDad

TxTazDad New Member

My 86 I just got looks to have a "Maaco Special" paint job on it. (better than what the original would look by now I'm sure) I plan on repainting down the road just not ready now, want to upgrade mechanically first & do the paint last. I live on the Texas coast so rust is a given, what I need to know is how should I treat the rust spots on a temp. basis to keep it from getting a lot worse until I'm ready to get a "real" paint job? thanks in advance.

Scott

(I'll get some pics asap)
  2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Rust converter, Spray bomb and pray. Thats what we do up in the rust capital...:lol:
  3. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

woah woah! it helps if u think of it as a low cost weight reduction kit. :great:
  4. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

LOL....always looking on the bright side! Good thinking