Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Rust Warranty on 2009 Silverado

Discussion in 'Ask GM Customer Service' started by Paulstrazz, May 25, 2011.

1. Paulstrazz

Paulstrazz New Member

I recently bought a used 2009 silverado. There is already a rest spot on the roof the size of a nickel. Is this something covered by the rust warranty?

2. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I would think so, I have an 08 and noticed rust on the frame. They scraped the rust and undercoated the frame under warranty.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'd like to see a picture of the rust, just for kicks. I would think it would be covered under the rust warranty.

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I dont know all the specifics of the GM corrosion warranty but a little searching on-line for GM warranties should be a good place to start, I remember something a few years back about all automobile manufacturers having to offer corrosion warrantys that followed the vehicle to it's new owner.
    Contact your local Gm dealer.

5. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I would have to recommend that you contact your local dealership for more assistance. They are the best resource to look at the spot and determine whether or not this would be something that would fall under warranty. Please feel free to keep me informed. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.