RV roof sealant

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by MrShorty, Aug 16, 2009.

1. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My tent trailer has a leaky roof. I've been over it, and I'm pretty sure I've found the leak: right on the center roofline, there's a crack in that seam towards the rear. I bought some "Indoor/Outdoor Acrylic latex caulk with Silicone", and that seems to seal it up ok for a few days (this is why I'm pretty sure I know where it's leaking), but the crack simply resurfaces through the caulk and it leaks again. Any suggestions for a better/more suitable product or ???

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Check with "Camper World", they should be able to match the sealant with the type roof material on the camper. Good luck!

3. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Check out rv.net

4. starsilverado

starsilverado Rockstar 100 Posts

I know this is not much help but I was looking for a product to seal the top of my horse trailer and found a company that made a liquid rubber product. Now the not much help part! I can not remember or find the name of the company. They sent me a sample and it looked like it might work but that project went to the back burner.

5. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I picked up a gallon of roof repair cement from the local hardware store for our cargo trailer at work. I got the stuff with "rubber" in it and a roll of fiberglass. I applied a layer of the cement and then the fiberglass then went back over it until I couldn't see the texture of the fiberglass. It has worked well so far with no leaks. It's been at least a year since I did that.