Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

RV roof sealant

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by MrShorty, Aug 16, 2009.

1. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My tent trailer has a leaky roof. I've been over it, and I'm pretty sure I've found the leak: right on the center roofline, there's a crack in that seam towards the rear. I bought some "Indoor/Outdoor Acrylic latex caulk with Silicone", and that seems to seal it up ok for a few days (this is why I'm pretty sure I know where it's leaking), but the crack simply resurfaces through the caulk and it leaks again. Any suggestions for a better/more suitable product or ???

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Check with "Camper World", they should be able to match the sealant with the type roof material on the camper. Good luck!

3. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Check out rv.net

4. starsilverado

starsilverado Rockstar 100 Posts

I know this is not much help but I was looking for a product to seal the top of my horse trailer and found a company that made a liquid rubber product. Now the not much help part! I can not remember or find the name of the company. They sent me a sample and it looked like it might work but that project went to the back burner.

5. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I picked up a gallon of roof repair cement from the local hardware store for our cargo trailer at work. I got the stuff with "rubber" in it and a roll of fiberglass. I applied a layer of the cement and then the fiberglass then went back over it until I couldn't see the texture of the fiberglass. It has worked well so far with no leaks. It's been at least a year since I did that.