Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

S-10 radio replacement

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by KidHauler, Mar 24, 2011.

1. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I have a buddy with a '99/'00 S-10 pickup with a standard am/fm radio that doesn't work.

Can you guys give me an idea of what other vehicle will swap out with this unit? In my '99 Suburban, I have a am/fm/cd from a '96 Bonniville, so I know there is some interchangeability. If you could narrow the list, I would be most pleased.

Thanks,
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Honestly, you're probably better off going with an aftermarket radio than trying to find a stock one from another vehicle. You can get a decent head unit for under $80.
  3. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I have made that suggestion; but he's, let's say, a traditionalist, and justs wants to replace what he has. I have found other S-10's within 50 miles of us, but I don't want to travel too far for a $10 radio...

Thanks