1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

S-T-U-M-P-E-R... filter?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by EdPDX, Aug 16, 2011.

1. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Aah yes! Marketing marketing marketing! Those engines are only used for one race. I kind of have to believe that a coffee filter would probably do the job for that. Don't put too much faith in marketing strategies. That's what I do for a living and I can tell you that many of these companies come up with more lies and fabrication than truth! When is the last time you actually SAW a brand new pick up truck for $13,995? Who have you ever met that actually gained 20HP from a TBI spacer or a cold air intake? I read car dealer commercials every day, but I have YET to see a new truck for the advertised price! (It is a base line stripper model that has to be ordered from the factory... even MORE of a stripper than the "regular" baseline trucks, but notice that teh truck they are showing you when they say the price is a fully loaded, "Texas Caddy"... and you AIN'T gettin' THAT one for any $14k!)

I like AC/Delco... It's what it came with. Price and all things being equal, Given the choice between a GM Crate engine and an Auto Zone engine, which would YOU rather buy? Just sayin'!
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012