s10 blazer electrical problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Blazer Forum (GMC Jimmy)' started by moneypitt, Dec 14, 2009.

1. moneypitt

moneypitt New Member

hello
    i have 93 s10 blazer 4 door 4x4 5 speed, i have noticed that when i go over some bumps in the road, all of my electricial cuts out. an example is my lights, ignition, my idiot lights come on. i have the base model no power windows or cruise control. any help or suggestions would help me out a lot.

2. skgs10blazer

skgs10blazer New Member

I'm having similar problems with my 1999 S-10 Blazer. I've noticed occasional different little things like the odometer/trip meter kink of flickering, automatic door locks not working. Last night when I started the car it was a little slow to come to an idle. When I drove off all the idiot lights we on or blinking, but went back to normal after a bit. This afternoon I can't start the car. It's like the battery is dead, but then a few things would work, like the radio display, radio anti-theft light, when I jiggled the ignition. The door locks don't work, I'm going to try to jump start it when my husband gets home, just to make sure it isn't the battery. I hope we an answer.

3. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

A couple of things come to mind. Since a bump in the road seems to trigger the event, I'd check you battery ground and the ground between the engine and the frame. Just in case, I have to ask if the battery is secured properly? A battery bouncing around can momentarily disconnect especially if the terminals are loose or show corrosion.

Lastly I check the dashboard grounds.

Let us know what you find.

4. moneypitt

moneypitt New Member

Hello I have solved the problem, my air cleaner was hitting my altenator and shorting everything out. We put some tape on both of them and no problems. : )