Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Sad day or new begining?!?!?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by lancer, Oct 13, 2010.

1. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

well i called a buddy of mine that works a car dealership and they bought my truck from me today. paid it off and then some. so now i'm truck less :( but i've already started looking for a new one and new project. Looking for a 95-99 chevy/gmc extended cab 4x4. then the fun begins again this one is hoping to have 38's, 6" susp 3" body. since its going to be pretty much a play toy i'm going to go alittle big this time. so i ask the question should i feel bad about selling my truck or happy to start a new project?!?!?!?

2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

A little of both. But if you want to go big I would suggest a solid front axle (pre 90). be much cheaper to lift up and you can do it all suspension instead of a combo. the ifs doesnt do too well with really large tires. that solid front axle you can get 10-12" inches of lift, steering stablilizers and run the nice big tires much easier and cheaper. Just my .02 but have fun with whatever new project you start. will look forward to seeing what you do.

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

New beginings new challenges, it's all a learning experience.

4. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

i like the solid front axle trucks but one reason for selling my truck was to get and extended cab for the family to ride with as well. i may only go with 35 but am definetly going with 6" and 3" lifts.

5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Ive gone thru alot of trucks in the 10 years that i have been driving. And then some before i could even drive on the road.. I say its a new begining every time. Always fun to start with a new project. And id for sure go with an extcab, and if you can a 96-99 with the Vortec, and the third door. Trust me you will want the 3rd door if you plan to use the back seat at all. and the Vortec is a LOT more motor. Oh and my last thought go with a 3/4 or 1ton with the 454 since it going to be more of a play toy, since that will give you more power and a heavier duty platform to begin with! And then go Crew cab since i havent really seen any HD chevys of that vintage with a third door.
    but no matter what good luck and you still gotta keep us up todate!

6. Bama Z71

Bama Z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm with you on the extra room , but I would look forward to the new project , color,wheels,lift,exhaust, and so much more