Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Sad Day-saying goodbye to an old friend

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by dwill3015, Apr 28, 2009.

1. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I am having to say goodbye to my longest Chevy friend(owned for 14 years). My plans for restoration and keeping this for a play vehicle fell second to needing funds for a new front yard, landcaping, and a new deck. Sad to see her go, but she needs a new home. http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/1143593159.html

2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Oh man, if you weren't in WA I'd but it from you in a heartbeat. I know how much you like the truck. I'm so sorry. But hey, it's not too late to change your mind. Who needs a yard, with that thing you can find all the beautiful yard you want anywhere. :lol:

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I don't know much about those style trucks, but aren't they kind of rare to find with the removable top? I think I would like to have me a convertible top truck for the summer, and $2,500 seems very reasonable too bad I live all the way on the other side of the country! I am sure that won't be for sale for long, sad to have to let go of something like that I know.

4. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Darcy! She's a legend! All the off road, all the camping....

How can you sleep at night? Ok, I'm done with the guilt. Good luck. I hope she goes to someone who
    truly deserves it.

On the flip side of things, I know how you feel. Not easy to part with the one you love.

5. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That sucks Darcy. I love K5's. G/L with the sale.

6. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

All K5 Blazers and Ford Broncos have removable rear camper tops. Now, at least down south, finding a 4X4 K5 Blazer is a tough bill to fill. Luckily, all Broncos ever produced were 4X4 (excluding Bronco IIs, but I don't consider those broncos)

7. Scooter

Scooter Rockstar 100 Posts

Thats a bummer man, thats a nice rig...great potential

8. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I bought it in 1995 looking just like it did in the pictures with winch and all for $8000. She was my daily driver up until 3 years ago and everything worked, but the longer it sits (outside) It has problems and I just don't have the time or money to keep it nor can I stand to watch it go downhill. Only has probably only 5K on the crate motor and with the OBO price it will give someone a good start on a great truck.

9. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'd buy it if I were closer to you. And I'd let you use it when ever you wanted to boot. I've got family all over Yakima and Snohomish, is that close to you?

10. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I know how you feel, even with all the problems my burb gave me, it was tough to watch it go. I'm with the others, if you were on my seaboard I would have been all over that.