1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sad Day...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by jake's silverado, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Well Folks as some of you know My profile name is from our Golden retriever. Well he turned 10 Nov 28th and passed away from Cancer Dec 5th. He was great friend and kept us all happy and amused, and is sadly missed by all. Here is a picture from Sept when he still was able to hide his illness from us. We shaved him every summer as he was so active....
    He was a great master of keeping it hidden, we had him checked early in the summer as we felt something was up, but all tests found nothing. Anyway enjoy them while they are with us....

Thanks Pat.

Attached Files:

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Sorry to hear your loss Pat.
    I hate to call friends like Jake "our pets" as they become much more than that, they are family and their loss is just as hard as if it were one of your children.
    My condolences on your loss.
  3. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts

Sorry to hear and Jake's a beautiful dog. They are family.. Im also facing a dog getting older and I can see the arthritis in her legs when she gets up from laying down bother her. Mines going on 12 and Im hoping for a few good years yet. They will always be missed.
  4. Thanks,,,You sure have that right... he sure was the Alpha Dog in our house....
  5. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member

Sorry about that Pat, like tb says, its tuff to loose a valued pet that has become a true family member.
  6. thanks again...and yes they are family, Dear Wife said it feels like she lost her baby! So I didn't want to depress anyone, we really appreciate the thoughts...

We always talk about the fun times...
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

So sorry. We lost blizzard about 18 months ago and the kids still remember him.

Not replaced ... but buttercup is part of the family now.

Edit: found a pic with my two oldest boys when we got buttercup.

IMG_9552648192718.jpeg
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

WOw I am so Sorry.. Wish I could Hug my dogs now..[​IMG] I have not seen them in 2 years they are with the wife in IL [​IMG] Have not seen her in 7 months... Photo-0082.jpg
  9. Camaro69car

Camaro69car New Member

Sorry to hear about your loss.
  10. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Sorry to hear that. I still have my best friends collar hanging in my truck