1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

sad failure

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by blansho, Nov 24, 2009.

1. blansho

blansho New Member

2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sorry......I don't do Facebook. Post your pics and comments on this forum and share them with everyone.

3. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses: I'm not sure whats going on with your truck?

4. blansho

blansho New Member

sorry theres the video now in youtube well it goes well in 1st gear but when it reaches 5000rpm it stops and the others
    gears lack of power u.u

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPAhJPKhKR4"]YouTube- camionetita fallando[/ame]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  5. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

doesn't look very good, wish I could help. Hope all turns out well

6. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It looks like the transmission is not up shifting. Then the rev limiter kicks in and kills the engine. First thing to do is check for trouble codes.

7. dirtplay1975

dirtplay1975 New Member

check your fuel pressure, i know this sounds funny but i ran into this with my moms blazer, it would run good untill u stepped into it then it sounded like it reved up but wouldnt accelerate. ended up being 5psi low on fuel pressure, new pump problem solved

8. 2009silverado

2009silverado Rockstar

I see there is a check engine light on the dash. I think you should do like Jimmiee said and run a code check on it. Need to get to a computer to hook it up. IE a mec shop or dealership.....Hope you figure this out...

9. Viper

Viper Rockstar 100 Posts

I agree with checking the codes as the truck is probably in limp mode for which ever reason, are you flooring it when this happens if so does it do the same thing when you drive 'normally'?