Salutations from Indiana

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 05CCZ71, May 25, 2012.

1. 05CCZ71

05CCZ71 New Member

What's up guys? I registered here yesterday and am now getting around to my introductions. I bought a 2005 Silverado earlier this week, it's a Z71 Crew Cab 4x4. It's got dual 3 inch exhaust into Flowmaster 40's and 4 inch stainless tips, which I will be changing asap. Entirely too loud. Anyway, 4 inch lift, 20inch wheels(changing out asap) and an extra set of 2010 Z71 wheels with 31.10.50 BFG All Terrains, Cowl hood, custom paint, black on top, silver from the top of the door down. Umm...Throttle body spacer, And I think that's it. Will be buying a CAI and programmer immediately. I like the truck, except for the fact that the transmission went out within two days of owning it. Luckily the guy I bought it off of had an extra tranny and gave it to me for free. So it'll be a couple weeks before it's on the road.

A little about me, my name is Vince, I'm a machinist by trade, currently driving a truck for a water hauling company until work picks back up. I'm from a very small town in Indiana, there's one stoplight. And if you don't have a truck, you're assumed to like men. Needless to say after I got rid of my Ram 2500 CTD, I was eager to get back into another truck. I've been a Mustang guy all my life, I've still got the first Cobra I bought in 2005. It's a work in progress as I've had it painted, and haven't had time to put it back together. Welp, that's about it as far as my introduction. Any questions just ask! Also, as far as pics go, I have none :(. It wasn't on the road long enough to get any, I will however snap some when I go to install this tranny.

2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club Vince, it's good to have you with us. :sign0016:

3. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the club!

4. TemperMonkey

TemperMonkey Member

Welcome! This is an awesome forum!! You've come to the right place!!!!

5. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

:sign0016: Welcome to the club and enjoy the site.......

6. 05CCZ71

05CCZ71 New Member

Thanks for the welcomes guys! As soon as I get the truck back on the road, and get it washed up i'll get some pics.

7. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club! Glad you joined us.

8. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years GMTC Chick 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

WELCOME TO THE GMTC FAMILY! :) hope that you enjoy the site....

9. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome t0 the club! Bummer about the tranny though. Definitely want to see some pics of it when you can, sounds like a nice looking rig!

10. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the site bud! This is definitely a great place to be, lots of help in basically every area you can imagine and lots of experience available! I'm actually an Indiana native... was only born there, and only lived there for a couple years in Bloomington (so i don't really remember it). But my biological father is still up there.

Glad to have ya on the forum and looking forward to some pics! Sounds like a nice truck, despite the transmission problem.
    :sign0021: