san diego fireworks hacker 2012

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jul 5, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'm not an expert on fireworks, but I do know something about networks.

what does everybody think about the possibility that somebody somehow somewhere someway hacked into this fireworks network that was clearly remote because everything was on barges - and set them off all at once?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuJHfkXEI-o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

2. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Even though they all went off at once I can only imagine being able to see that. It would have still been awesome! It's sad to think that someone would ruin hundreds of thousands peoples time that came all the way out to see see the show. Hopefully next year they fix all the problems and put on a great show!

3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

everybody always wondered what it would look like if they all went off at the same time.

this video shows the fireworks a little better. every one was excited when they started going off untill it stopped about 25 seconds later.

People down here are complaining like crazy about it. I could see being dissapointed but angry and mad, some people need to get a life and realize what the 4th is about. We went to another show in the area but if an accident with the fireworks is going to ruin your day I can only shake my head:no:.

People that were down by the bay also said there was no cell reception for about a half hour after the fireworks went off. Since its all computerized something happened to cause the glitch. whether it was hacked or simply a technical issue (which always happen at the worst time) who knows. probably a hell of a show for 20 seconds (insert innapropriate joke here, which many who have a sense of humor did this morning around here)

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

At least it was a glitch that didnt hurt anyone. Really cant see getting angry about itif everything in life was perfect we'd have nothing to look forward to.

I was more bothered by the boater in New York that overloaded his 33' boat with 27 people going out to watch fireworks and managed to kill 3 kids when it capsized, thats something to get angry and mad about.

5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

exactley right

6. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

I am with you on that one. Sad state of affairs.