1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sat Radio -love it or Hate it? Customer service??? Please READ!!!--=

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Enkeiavalanche, May 31, 2013.

1. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Just out of curiosity earlier this afternoon while I was driving my 2011 Silverado that I cancelled the XM subscription on about a year ago I tuned into some XM channels and found all of them to still be working, a quick check showed I still get all channels.
    I havnt paid for XM in over a year, and havent listened to it in closer to 18 months.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

You are getting 60 Ch's for free for 2 weeks..
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

And why would that be?
    Makes me suspicious cause nothins free, you always pay one way or another.
  4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

They frequently do free channel previews to try to entice people who have the radios installed from the factory but not activated to sign up. Since it's 1-way broadcast traffic and servicing additional customers doesn't cost them more, it works.
  5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Hmmm...no wonder I keep getting messages on my DIC telling me what's playing on which channel and to call a 800 # to resubscribe. I called Sirius/XM twice to have them stop sending me the signal as I do not not have my factory radio any longer and I am tired of having their promotional messages take up space on my DIC, especially when I'm out 4 wheeling and using my tranny temp and TPMS often. They keep telling me they'll stop sending the messages but they just keep on coming. Anyone know how to get this stop?

Other than that, I am under the first year free subscription on my other vehicle and I do use it quite often...not only for music and other entertainment stations but also because it interacts with my navigation system for traffic (which is very accurate by the way), lists nearby gas prices, and other non-entertainment features. I'll probably pay for when my free trial ends as I have saved a ton of time and gas by avoiding traffic delays and saved money at the pump by going the nearest (or on my route) and least expensive gas stations. I'm sure it'll pay for itself....but if they don't stop sending me promotional messages to my truck I may just get frustrated enough to never do business with them at all.
  6. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hmmmm
    I have it set up so they send me a monthly bill-and I send them a check
    None of that automatically charging my bank acct or credit card
    Had that done before-and it is tough to get them to stop billing-subtracting.
    Good to know I can get them to extend the $28 for 6 months
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I got a letter from them 6 months for $14.00!! So, ask for it. They should do it for you if not threaten to cancel.
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

After fighting with them I settle for $25 for 6 months..
  9. CKNSLS

CKNSLS Member 2 Years 100 Posts

If you get a good discount it's worth it. However, if you listen to the same channels long enough you will hear lots of repetition.

It's not worth the 200.00 plus full price.
  10. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree! I read above that there was a free preview for 2 weeks. So, I turned it on today just to check. It was working. I flipped to the comedy channel that I often listened to when I had the free subscription. In the 40 minutes that I was driving, I heard one new skit! All the others I had already heard on siruis in the past. I noticed on the 3 comedy channels they would rotate a lot of the same content.