1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sat Radio -love it or Hate it? Customer service??? Please READ!!!--=

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Enkeiavalanche, May 31, 2013.

1. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Avalanche-
    I'll see if I can get her on the Roady-which is just XM??
    Is Carrol Miller on XM-on my Roady?? I'll do a search
    Sirius and XM don't have the same channels??
    Seems kinda stupid??
    And they charge by number of receivers??
    So I should just haul my Roady from car to house like I do now?
    Thanks
    Charlie
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Right after the merger, and for about a year or so afterwards, there were different channels and lineups on the 2 services. Now, 90% of the channel lineup is the same on both with the same channel numbers. There are some premium channels that are only included for free on one network or the other. Those are the "Best of Sirius" and "Best of XM" for XM and Sirius respectively. Why they do that instead of having unified premium channels, I dunno, but that's how they're handling it.

As far as I know, the first receiver is full price with each additional receiver (internet streaming being counted as a receiver:grrrrrr:) being half the price of the first. I've thought about getting another receiver for the Suburban, but I can't justify it because I don't drive it enough and I can just get another dock to drop in the burb and use the same receiver.

As for hauling the Roady around, it really comes down to whether you're willing to cart the radio with you and whether you need to be able to listen to it in the truck and house simultaneously. Me, I only need it in one place at any given time so I just cart mine around.
  3. phoebeisis

Christopher
    Thanks for the info.
    Yeah I'm also fine with just unplugging plugging the Roady in-like you I am only in one place at a time wife only listens when we travel.
    So your Suburban-the one you did the heroic transplants on( maybe it was a 1500 body 3/4 ton ft and maybe rear axels??) is running well?? and you are still on the north shore Slidell or was it just past NO East??
    Thanks
    CHARLIE
  4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well, I did a little research on integrating my radio into the Suburban and found some unpleasant results. It looks like the interface that allows me to hook the radio up to my Pioneer headunit is now no longer available except in a couple spots for $150. So, I need to determine a new route of attack.

The Suburban's running just fine. It's a 1500 with 2500 axles along with numerous other improvements. I have several projects on it in various states on completeness with other projects like painting that need to get done desperately. One of these days we need to set up a New Orleans meetup with all the local guys.
  5. phoebeisis

You don't have a cassette player-
    I use the little fake tape cassette in my 1998.
    You don't have a cassette player I guess??

Yeah I have to get the Suburban ready for trip to Flagstaff AZ- 1st vacation for wife and I since 2008
    Need 3 tires -change oil- drain a some trans fluid- fix slight oil leak-put on HID kit-
    find where slight coolant loss is coming from (hope not intake manifold gaskets-but pretty sure oil leak is oil pan cam chain cover "joint"-)
    and other "stuff"

Yep someday NOLA guys need to get together -
  6. Chevy Girl

Chevy Girl Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

What is the list price for the satelite service at full retail?
  7. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 Rockstar 100 Posts

$14.95 per month plus taxes and title.
  8. CKNSLS

CKNSLS Member 2 Years 100 Posts

That's alot of money if you listen to any of the "decades music" stations and hear all the repetitive music!