1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Satin or Gloss Black?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Z71silverado, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Z71silverado

Z71silverado New Member

SO I have a white 2007 NBS I coaught a rock in the Bowtie the first week I had it and it has been bothering me since 2007.. I was thinking of painting it (I'm cheap) if it was yours would you paint it Satin Black or Glossy Black? Would you paint it another color? Help me decide.
  2. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Gloss white or flat black..If you have the chrome grill paint it black...If its the black W/T grill paint it white
  3. mad1500hd

mad1500hd Rockstar 100 Posts

take a picture of it and edit in photoshop or some other photo editor and you can decide which works best...i'm thinking a glossy black...IMO...:)
  4. rip5164

rip5164 Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm thinkin' glossy. I want to do the same thing to mine after I debadge.
  5. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Gloss black
  6. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I did mine in satin, cuz thats the only paint I had lying around haha:rofl: Still came out good though.
  7. bwhite19

bwhite19 New Member

I had vinyl put over my bow ties. I had the local shop put it on and it was only about $30 for both front and back bow ties. It looks great and i can just peel it off if i ever want to change it.
  8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Gloss Black. I think the bugs come off easier from gloss than satin. Just a thought.
  10. 1904HD

1904HD New Member

What kind of paint will hold up the best and not flake off the grill? Ii have a stock chrome grill but i want to paint it gloss black