Satisfaction opinions

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by JTward1, Feb 14, 2017.

1. JTward1

JTward1 Rockstar 100 Posts

Since GM has discontinued manufacturing of the Avalanche/Escalade, how satisfied are you with your unibody trucks ? And if I were looking for one, what should I look for in one ? Here on the East Coast you have to really careful that your not buying a Flood car.

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Jt, not sure what your asking, are you asking are we happy with the Avalanche that we have, even though they stopped making them in 2013.

Or, are you asking if we moved into a unibody, because the Av is no longer being made.

Or, maybe a 3rd option, do you think the Avalanches are unibody? No, they are not, they are Suburnbans with different tail ends.

3. JTward1

OK, That's great. I was under the impression that that AV were all unibody. And as such I wondered if how a " body on frame " ride and towing capacity of the Silverado's and the AV differed in any noticeable way ?

4. RayVoy

RayVoy Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Same wheel base as the Suburbans; I'd suggest, option for option, the same ruide and towing as the Subs.

5. JTward1

Well, they have a lot of plastic cladding, but they do seem like a stronger vehicle. The unibody system has it's merits and flaws. But I assume the plastic cladding will be around for some time and sold by the after market vendors. Some guys have mentioned that the ride in a AV is serperior to a BOF Silverado's and such in the GM lineup. Don't shoot the messenger , it's just what I was told.