1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Saturday project :: Clean garage and new shelves

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Nov 3, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

1103121108.jpg 1103121108a.jpg I am going to spend this Saturday cleaning out the garage, and putting up some new shelves. The main purpose for doing this is getting the new car in the garage. Right now it fits fine but it's a little bit tight to open the doors. So putting new shelves in should alleviate this problem, get the garage cleaned up in more organized as well.

these pictures, are of the before part of the project.
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'd be happy if my garage was that clean, right now I have a torn down Harley Bagger on one side waiting for paint, and on the other side my Toyota Crawler is covered and surrounded by box's of my daughters junk, for some unknown reason my wife agreed to let her store everything that wouldnt fit in her apartment in my garage.
  3. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Yep you need a nice clean garage for that new car but atleast you can fit 2 cars in there already haha
    [MENTION=14295]tbplus10[/MENTION] its sounds someone needs to rent a storage unit :lol:
  4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

That is one nice thing about having 11 foot ceilings. I built a shelf that goes from wall to wall over top of the garage door. It is 20ft wide and 6ft or so deep. But my truck still doesn't fit because the garage is only 19 1/2 ft deep.
  5. awtposts

awtposts Member

I have a 24x30 2 car garage. I built a shelf spanning across back wall suspended from joists by chain. I also added Outlets for easy shop light or vac or misc tool connections. It holds a lot but not like an attic or something with stantions. Just boxy or bulky items like coolers, some scraps of lumber or paper type items or summer / winter clothing?

Some Pics Attached.

2012-11-03_17-55-24_489.jpg

2012-11-03_17-56-30_459.jpg

2012-11-03_18-02-13_39.jpg
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

So how'd Saturdays project turnout?