1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Savana side door hinge broken!

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by Twgman, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Twgman

Twgman New Member

Ok - so I've sesarched the site and found great info on replacing the hinge pins (which needs done!) but the lower door hinge on the left side door on our 1999 GMC savana 3500 is broken. The actual hinge. Kinda sucks, actually. We have 6 kiddos and we use/will use that door. A lot.

When I google door hinge all I seem to find are the pins - does anyone know where to get an actual replacement hinge?

Thanks in advance!

Travis
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3. Twgman

Twgman New Member

Pikey - thanks! Looks like a bigger job than I anticipated...but the door is about to fall off! As I've inspected more today I've actually got 3 broken hinges on the side doors. Ugh.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sorry to hear that. That is not a super cheap fix. The hinges are pricey and if they are welded on it sucks even more.
  5. tsbrewers

tsbrewers Member

I had one "ear" break on mine and I had the local welding shop weld it back on for like $15 Worth a shot
  6. KeithR

KeithR New Member

For us it was the door part of the hinge that broke. Local shop replaced the door (including paint) cheaper than it would have been to replace the hinge.
  7. Twgman

Twgman New Member

I thought of looking for doors - but our local body shop gave me a great price and is willing to trade some pizza for payment! Van goes in next week!