1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Save your gas reciepts!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Loggerhead Mike, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Loggerhead Mike

Loggerhead Mike Rockstar 100 Posts

Just wanted to give a reminder to everybody to save their gas reciepts

im loosing count of the amount of rigs i get with bad fuel milage, spark knock, no cranks ect ect all due to ethanol. Last truck i tested fuel in was at 18 percent eth. All the rest are usually between 15-20 percent, well over the 10 percent MAX

When is the gov. going to do anything about this? quiet frankly im getting really pissed off about it. yes its making me money but im using the same junk gas in my rig too

anybody else out there been testing fuels?

incase ya didnt know, if your rig has any of these problems and you can document the cause by fuel (from a shop), the fuel station is liable for all your repairs
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Down by me, Exxon is still selling straight gas with no ethanol in it. So, even though it's a few cents more per gallon, I buy all my fuel for my car and my trucks from them. Worth it, though I got word that Exxon's getting ready to switch over to ethanol too. I think that only leaves Sams Club for me after that. :grrrrrr:
  3. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Last year I gassed up with 93 octane and drove off. About a half a mile up the rode my truck stopped running. I had just gotten it lifted so I almost called the place that did my lift and had a word with them. I ended up towing to the Chevy dealer and found out it was due to bad gas. The gas was almost pure ethanol. The company I bought the gas from paid for my repairs.
  4. lsutoms

lsutoms Rockstar 100 Posts

not to sound ignorant with this question but i have an 09 that will run on ethanol... i know it gets worse gas mileage but what percent of ethanol can be in the gas for my truck to still run correctly???
  5. TFisher

TFisher Member

Holy Crap!
    You know, there's this "generic" gas station near me, and one summer their gas was green and smelled like straight alcohol. It ran fine in my lawn mower, but I never put it in my car (at least I think I didn't) Thank you for pointing this out.

Regards,

Thomas
  6. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Thanks for the heads up..I didnt have a clue.
    If I fill up with wal-mart gas I get super spark knock.
    If I fill up with Shell gas it dont spark knock.
    Do they sell a test kit to check the gas?
  7. XtremeAaron

XtremeAaron Member

Along with what bigdaddy said, What are the best places to buy gas?
  8. TFisher

TFisher Member

I get 89 at BP and I get 23.5 MPG easy. I also fill up at the local no-name when I absolutely have to... It's decent, but you have to get premium for the same power as BP's 89. I notice the gas at the BP smells oilier, so I assume that means less alcohol. It's quite a bit more expensive, but my fuel economy is so much better.

Regards,

Thomas
  9. XtremeAaron

XtremeAaron Member

I use BP's 87, lately been getting Circle K's. Maybe I should switch back to BP.
  10. BowTieFan1

BowTieFan1 Member