1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Saw the Rocker Pod folks at the SEMA show, btw...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Springthing, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

Now that I've had time to sit... I figured I'd start posting again!

At the SEMA show last week I happen to come across the Rocker Pod folks (can't rightly remember who the company is...my apologies). Very nice, indeed! If anyone has been toying with the idea about them, I suggest you go ahead with the purchase! They feel solid, work nice, offer a lot more room than you'd think, and really do look sharp. With the right accessories on your truck, the rocker pods are sure to make a great looking addition.

Just a quick mention!

Oh!... and very nice ppl at that!
  2. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts

Thanks for the info! I think those things look pretty sweet. I'd like to see someone get some and post some pics. I bet they would like awesome on a black, lifted 4x4!
  3. Springthing

I took a picture or two of the truck they had there... let me see if I can pull it up and if it actually shows how nice they look...
  4. Springthing

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

That's awesome! Did you chat with the guys? I've been talking to them and they were sooo busy before the show.

Sorry, I have to embed.

[​IMG]
  6. Akula682

Akula682 New Member

Did they let you step on them? i am just worried about the stress on the mounts since they mount to the frame way under the truck. I really like the idea of them but they look like they might not be "rock" solid and after a few years they will be sagging.

(if you think this is way off by your assessment pleas let me know, i really need the storage and dont want to use up any bed space.)
  7. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member 1000 Posts

those look slick! i like that alot! great idea! :great:
  8. Springthing

Steve: I did not talk to them. If you think they were busy before the show you should have seen them during the show! Actually, when I happen to go I believe they were otherwise busy with 'real' customer/clients/guests. I didn't feel I should bother them just to say hello. I did listen to them talking to others and they were very personable.

Josh: I was with a few others and by that time we were kind of in a hurry to finish up the floor before the end of the day! I can tell you, though, that they looked tough and sounded quite "thuddy" when opened and closed by the rep that was there talking with someone. By the looks of them they look to be good people and I'm sure they'd answer your questions honestly should you contact them and ask them anything.
  9. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy New Member

I've been looking at this as an alternative to nerf bars and a tool box in the back (i need the bed space), but i'm concerned about how they would look on my pewter truck. i cant picture it looking good. any ideas? or better yet is anyone good at photoshop that could photoshop that onto a pewter truck?
  10. Springthing

I could have a crack at it if you have a picture of your truck in about the same position as in the picture.