Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Saying "howdy" from Benson, NC

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Xscout, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Xscout

Xscout New Member

Hi Everybody!
    I'm John from Benson, NC. I actually stumbled accross thie site by way of a Google search. Last summer, I bought a 2002 Chevy Silverado CrewCab 2500HD (2WD) from all the way down in Texas (on Ebay ... yeah I took a big chance!). I was lucky because it turned out to be a good buy .... no hidden surprises (well, not counting the cost of fuel going out through the roof!)
    Anyhow, I'm glad I found the site because I try to do my own work & I'm sure I'll have questions.
    I used to have a 1997 S-10 and sometimes I sure miss her. That was a great lil truck too, but it was just a bit too small. Last spring our Chrysler T&C was in the shop for a week, so with the me, wife & 3 kids all crammed into the S-10, we looked like the Clampetts from the Beverly Hillbillies. My wife simply looked at me and calmly said "Honey, you need a bigger truck" :glasses:

Well, that's my intro & I'm stickin' to it. Looking forward to hanging out & learning what I can.

John
    aka Xscout

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

3. IPFK83

IPFK83 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Welcome to the site.

4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome!!! I spent 4 years of my life in Buies Creek right up the road from you.

5. 77p20

77p20 Member

welcome man
    im new here myself, and right down the road in Fayetteville...... lol, im single, but decided a long time ago that i would rather pay a little more at the pump then to try and cram my 6'4 ass into anything smaller then full size !

6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

7. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!!

8. Ferdinand

Ferdinand New Member

Hi john,
    Nice start and good introduction. Nice to know about you.
    I am Ferdinand. I am new in this forum.
    Hope my time here will be very informative and friendly.
    real estate marketing

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  9. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Hey John, welcome to the GM truck club. I like your analogy to the Clampets. I liked your wifes quote. What could be better than hearing those words from your wife :)

My wife simply looked at me and calmly said "Honey, you need a bigger truck

10. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club, John.