Scheduled Repairs

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by mainec, Mar 1, 2010.

1. mainec

mainec Rockstar

Ok guys, I have an 08 Z71. It has about 45k miles. Install a 6" suspension lift back in October. I was wondering if you guys could give me some things to "be on the lookout for". Please if you give me something be sure to mention what the symptoms would be. I am not a mechanic, took the help of a buddy who sorta is just to install the lift.

Mostly worried about things I have heard horror stories about like bearings, brakes etc.

Thanks

2. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

When you put a lift on, you probably installed larger wheels and tires. Lifts dont dont put much extra stress on your vehicle, except for the CV shafts and CV joints because of the steeper angles they are at now. But larger wheels and tires are much bigger and heavier than stock, so they put aditional stress on your wheel bearings, ball joints, tie rods, etc. I would just crawl under your truck periodically and check to see if anything is loose, broke, or looks weird.

3. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Your brakes might be a small issue but it would be that your using more brake to stop on the bigger tires so they would wear a little faster but not much faster. Best thing is to spend some time checking it out from time to time.