1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

(School Shooting) This makes me sick!! ~ Newtown, CT School Shooting

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Pikey, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

What the hell is wrong with people? A 24 year old guy runs into a school and kills a bunch of children! They said there were 2 shooters, They said that one killed himself. I would love to have 30 seconds with either or both of them at the same time, no weapons needed, just 30 seconds. No matter what is going on in your life what kind of reasoning says "Let's go shoot a bunch of innocent kids"? I really had to control myself in this post, had a hard time getting my point across without vulgarity. I don't push religion but, I pray for the families and kids impacted by these two sorry excuses for human beings

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/12/live-updates-newtown-ct-school-shooting/

police-respond-to-shooting-at-connecticut-elementary-school.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2012
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

WOW! ARGH i'm so pissed off at this that I'm beside myself.

What's wrong with people? We're living in a twisted society where we're taught that anything is permissible, there is no meaning in life and (chuckle-chuckle) there certainly is no divine creator. So you can do whatever you want in life ... (smirk) ... "as long as you don't hurt anyone!".

Well, that's fine for a generation or two ... but then you get into that third or fourth generation where kids are taught that life has no true meaning, they can do whatever they want, they're not caught citizenship, etc ... so you get kids who say, "Wait, according to the new worldview that I've been taught in the American school system. That whole "as long as I don't hurt anyone" thing doesn't make any sense at all."

So, because of where we are at right now, I'd say that we should expect this sort of thing to happen more and more every year, every generation. It's sad, but that's how I see the culture and the world going, we've just been blessed for so long with a Judeo-Christian framework (which is just about all gone now) that taught people not to go out murdering little children in a school (among other things) that we've been sheltered from the rest of the world on things like this.

Just makes me sick. Just sick.

- - - Updated - - -

DEVELOPING: Authorities say at least 26 people, including 18 children, were killed Friday when a gunman clad in black military gear opened fire inside a Connecticut elementary school.
    A law enforcement official said the shooter, who is dead, is believed to be a father of one of the students at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown. Authorities recovered a Glock and Sig Sauer 9mm handgun, but it was unclear who killed the shooter, who wore black combat garb and a military vest.

Local news outlets report that the shooting occurred inside a kindergarten classroom, and that all the pupils in that classroom are unaccounted for.
    An official with knowledge of the situation said the man, described as in his 20's, had two guns. The motive is not yet known.

Police are also questioning another man in connection with the shooting. Witnesses told the Connecticut Post that the handcuffed man was led out of the woods by officers.

3. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts

I agree. Could not put it better myself. Nothing I can really say, just makes me sickā€¦.
  4. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member

Same its just terrible, im glad the one killed him self he prolly would have gotten the death sentence anyway. Or thats what i think everybody that kills anyone should be given.
  5. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 New Member

Very, very, very sad situation.
  6. SouthEastBeast

SouthEastBeast New Member

So this week there were Mall shootings, 22 kids stabbed or cut in a school in China and now this. Please help me understand why elementary school children needed to die. Did this piece of human garbage decide "i want to be remembered so I'll kill more kids than anyone else?" It is so sad to see where we are headed as a society. And unfortunetly all that will become of this are new gun laws to take away weapons from all but the criminals... my thoughts and prayers to everyone involved.
  7. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

Newtown is not far from Milford where I live, the whole state is shell shocked. My grandmother is the superintendent for Newtown public schools.... I can't imagine how she feels right now. We have been unable to call her because she is so busy working to comfort families, handle paperwork and talking with media and such.

Its hard to imagine going through life hearing about these kinds of things and thinking: yah that will never effect me or never happen to me or in my area... Well now it did..... Many are asking that every one wear pink or red in respect to the death of so many.

- - - Updated - - -

Also an update, there was one shooter who was a son of one of the teachers. He visited the school often so most payed no attention to him. The principal was hand picked for the job there by my grandmother and a dear friend of hers. The original name of the shooter was wrong that was the shooters older brother who lives in NY and was at work during the shooting.
  8. silverhobey

silverhobey Member

I think all of America's thoughts and prayers are with that Whole School and Community.

Brian from Canada:heart:
  9. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

I have sent a message to Chevrolet asking them to both post in respect of the families and to get the word out to their millions of fans to pray for Newtown.
  10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

The massacre in China was someone with a knife. :( just very sad that humanity is like this.