Scratched roll up windows

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by MTM, Feb 29, 2012.

Newest Photos

1. MTM

MTM New Member 100 Posts

Does anyone know or have heard about techniques to remove scratches out of my roll up windows. Both my driver and passenger side windows have slight scratches from the seals I'm Guessing. Any thoughts?
  2. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You may want to check with a glass company like SafeLite.
  3. MTM

MTM New Member 100 Posts

Okay wasn't sure if there was a product out there that would help remove it
  4. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If you have glass insurance, just accidentally break 1 at a time and get new ones!!! LOL:lol:
  5. MTM

MTM New Member 100 Posts

Im good ill live with it in that case
  6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Dependign on how deeply their scratched you might be able to get the scratch's out with Jewelers Rouge, or Bon Ami. Either one is gonna take a lot of elbow grease.
  7. MTM

MTM New Member 100 Posts

Where can i find those products
  8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Bon ami is just an abrasive house hold cleaner like Ajax and can be found at your favorite grocery store.
    jewelets rouge can sometimes be found there too.
  9. The Heater

The Heater New Member 100 Posts

Diamondite is a company that specializes in glass and plastic restoration products. Check their web site. AutoGeek and other auto detailing supply web sites sell their product line. They have directions on how to use their stuff. I would check their web site before you buy to make sure you buy the right kit. If you have a drill that spins at around 2800 rpm or less, or you have a RA or orbital polisher with a speed control (to make it slow), they can sell you what you need to take the scratches out (as long as they are not too deep).

Just for fun you might want to see how much they charge to replace the windows at a glass shop like SafeLite. Might be low enough to make it worth it.
  10. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

What about wet sanding with a fine sandpaper?