1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Scuffed tires?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by Curky, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I’m pretty much screwed I think. OK, my 16 year old daughter drives my truck here and there. She also pulls it out of the driveway so the wife can get out and in. Which is the problem,:gasp: she likes to rub the curb sometimes, which all of you know makes the tire look like *#&$. Is it fixable or do I just have to look at the ugly tires till I get new? They are not that bad but with the way I am with my truck I see it every time I look at the truck.
    Don’t what the answer – Don’t let here drive it.
  2. Blazer454

Blazer454 New Member

Pretty sure there is nothing you can do about that. Tire conditioner might help make it not as noticable. Better tell her if she doesnt stop scuffing the tires she will be buying the new set. That will make her learn
  3. Curky

I told her for now on she is to put it in the yard and i will take care of it.
    7-24-12d.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  4. rageybug

rageybug New Member

You can't actually "fix" the scuff, but you could go to your local tire shop and have them take the tire off the rim and turn the scuffed side to the inside. The scuff will still be there but you won't be able to see it!
  5. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Member 100 Posts

The only problem with that if the tire has white lettering on one inside and then black letters on the other it won't look quite right
  6. rageybug

rageybug New Member

His photo shows all black. If they are white on the other side, all four would need to be turned.
  7. Curky

Sounds good, but I won’t do that till after x-mas after I find her a Jimmy or something. I added pic to past post in this thread
  8. rageybug

rageybug New Member

At least your rims have escaped uninjured.... so far!
  9. Curky

I wish they were rims. they are just caps, but with the over sized tire, the tire comes out farther than the rim (cap)
  10. rageybug

rageybug New Member

That photo sure fooled me! Pretty slick caps!