GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Sea Foam in Vaccuum Lines

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by Farmerdave, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Farmerdave

Farmerdave New Member

Did this to my truck and the wife's Ford Fusion last weekend what a difference. I put some in the Vacuum lines and in the tanks on both cars and it has made a significant difference. Her car was starting to start hard and it has completely cleared up. I also noticed today at O'riely's auto parts today that they had buy 2 get one free. Not a bad deal.
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member

Seafoam rules.
  3. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie New Member

Seafoam is the only way to go.
  4. Thunderchild

Thunderchild New Member

I have an 04 Tahoe with the 5.3 Vortec engine. How do you Seafoam this? I use the brake booster hose on my other vehicles but cannot find it on this vehicle.
    :glasses:
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member

I pull the air snorkel off and dump it right down the throttle body.
  6. Farmerdave

Farmerdave New Member

Ya I couldnt tell you without seeing a picture of your engine bay or looking at it!
  7. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 New Member

What's the purpose of this Seafoam stuff? What does it do?
  8. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle New Member

it's suppose to clean up your fuel system & any carbon build. here's a link to the actual site: http://www.seafoamsales.com/gasoline-engine-faqs.html

after hearing peoples testimonies about seafoam on youtube and on forums that i'm on, i figured i'd give it a try. i was very much impressed with the results. my cherokee idle smoother and runs like a champ even more.
  9. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 New Member

Thanks! I'll check it out. Sounds like something the Tahoe would like.
  10. ippielb

ippielb New Member

For the tahoe, there is a big black container that has your brake fluid in it with the tubing going down, there will be ONE rubber hose going to the back of your intake manifold, disconnect it and put a funnel on the end, start the engine, and slowly pour the seafoam in. It may stall, but thats fine start it back up and keep pouring slowly.
  11. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member

Are you talking about the brake booster? There's no brake fluid in there...
  12. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 New Member

Yeah, but that big fat hose that connects to it is full of good ol' vacuum that will pull that SeaFoam into the intake manifold and clean the heck out of all the interior surfaces it can get to. And then, hopefully, the engine will run so much better (according to the website).
  13. egreg

egreg New Member

From what I've heard, there are three ways to use Seafoam - In the fuel tank, in the intake manifold (i.e. vacuum lines), or in the oil. I've put it in my brake booster line and in my gas tank before, but I'm skeptical about putting it in my oil. Thoughts on this?
  14. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie New Member

Im like you man, ive used it in my vacuum line and fuel but never in my oil. Its supposed to clean out sludge but whwo knows if it really does.
  15. lawson4450

lawson4450 New Member

ive put it in my oil about half a can and havent had any problems I put it in and then drive a day or two and then change the oil no problems ata ll.
  16. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

I havent tired it in my oil i will be next oil change.. I still love the stuff.. Put it into my 98 Vortec today and wow the pretty clouds....
  17. Thunderchild

Thunderchild New Member

It is the 2004 tahoe with the 5.3 Vortec engine. I have no pic's of it. Anyone with one please chime in. I am going to take a look at the single hose. I do believe it is the right one.

:glasses:
  18. Farmerdave

Farmerdave New Member

If you are looking at the brake booster and resivor while standing at the front of the vehicle it should be on the left side of the brake booster its a grey/white plastic 90 degree elbow and a 1/2 or 3/4 inch black hose on it that runs towards the back of the engine. If your not completely sure pull it off while truck is running and see if it has vacuum. As for how to use sea foam I put it in the fuel, in the brake boost vacuum line and then in the oil about 100 miles before I change the oil. When I first bought the truck it had 41K on it and I put it in the oil and a decent amount of black sludge like material came out. Truck idles smoother no more gm lifter tic when cold starting in the mourning and better throttle response I also cleaned the MAF which made a noticeable difference.
  19. Danow

Danow New Member

I have been using it for years... put it all my engines. Bike, Boat, Truck, and lawn mower. I have never put it in my oil however or in a vacuum line ..... I will try it in my vacuum line next chance I get. Best stuff since Marvelous Mystery Oil.
  20. Davelopn

Davelopn New Member

Seafoam is great stuff. I have used it in every car I own. I do the same as some of the others with Seafoam in the oil. Add it, drive it for a short time, change the oil. I have also used their tranny cleaner. Great stuff also. I did the same as with the oil, add a little, run it then change it. I have never been disappointed. I would recommend it to anyone. I even use it in my lawn mower and weed whip.