1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sea Foam in Vaccuum Lines

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by Farmerdave, Jun 14, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Farmerdave

Farmerdave New Member 100 Posts

Did this to my truck and the wife's Ford Fusion last weekend what a difference. I put some in the Vacuum lines and in the tanks on both cars and it has made a significant difference. Her car was starting to start hard and it has completely cleared up. I also noticed today at O'riely's auto parts today that they had buy 2 get one free. Not a bad deal.
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Seafoam rules.
  3. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie New Member 100 Posts

Seafoam is the only way to go.
  4. Thunderchild

Thunderchild New Member

I have an 04 Tahoe with the 5.3 Vortec engine. How do you Seafoam this? I use the brake booster hose on my other vehicles but cannot find it on this vehicle.
    :glasses:
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I pull the air snorkel off and dump it right down the throttle body.
  6. Farmerdave

Farmerdave New Member 100 Posts

Ya I couldnt tell you without seeing a picture of your engine bay or looking at it!
  7. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 New Member 100 Posts

What's the purpose of this Seafoam stuff? What does it do?
  8. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

it's suppose to clean up your fuel system & any carbon build. here's a link to the actual site: http://www.seafoamsales.com/gasoline-engine-faqs.html

after hearing peoples testimonies about seafoam on youtube and on forums that i'm on, i figured i'd give it a try. i was very much impressed with the results. my cherokee idle smoother and runs like a champ even more.
  9. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 New Member 100 Posts

Thanks! I'll check it out. Sounds like something the Tahoe would like.
  10. ippielb

ippielb New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

For the tahoe, there is a big black container that has your brake fluid in it with the tubing going down, there will be ONE rubber hose going to the back of your intake manifold, disconnect it and put a funnel on the end, start the engine, and slowly pour the seafoam in. It may stall, but thats fine start it back up and keep pouring slowly.