1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sea Foam in Vaccuum Lines

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by Farmerdave, Jun 14, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. sask boy

sask boy New Member

I use seafoam as a stablizer in my boat motor and it works great is it the same product that you are using in your vehicle motors?
    Blessings
  2. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Seafoam is a God-send. I've used it in every manner possible. I put it through the vacuum using a vacuum canister. Not a whole lot of smoke, probably b/c I use only Chevron gas. I put it in the oil when I first got the truck. I put it in about 200 miles before the change and WOW! Tons of black goop came out. I did it a couple of times and now the oil comes out a dark honey color even though the engine has 178K on it. I also put it in the gas tank and picked up a few mpg and better throttle response.
  3. ChivaLRy

ChivaLRy New Member

Well, after reading alot of testimonials, etc., and 500$ for 2 clogged injectors to be replaced, I think that I'm gonna give this stuff a try!
  4. Davelopn

Davelopn New Member

For a $6-8 investment, its well worth the try. It can surely save some money in the long run!
  5. rowekmr

rowekmr New Member

I checked out their website and after reading your stories I am ready to give SeaFoam a try. Can anyone tell me where I can pour it into my manifold on my 96 7.4L Vortec (3500 CC DRW)? On the website it showed the pcv line will that be sufficient to clean the manifold?
  6. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Just be sure that you idle the motor up to around 1100-1500RPM... And let it sit for an hour minimum.
  7. rowekmr

rowekmr New Member

When you say let it sit for a hour is that after you pour the sea foam and before you start the motor?

8. murdog94

Yep... After you have put the seafoam in.
  9. L0sts0ul

L0sts0ul New Member 100 Posts

Ok,

so I bought 2 cans of seafoam today. I was going to put 1/3 can in the brake booster vacuum line, 1/3 in the tank ( Im not convinced this is enough though) and 1/3 in the crankcase....

but I want to drive at least another 2000kms before I change the oil... this ok?

also, I have a 93 TBI... can I pour into tbi as you would into a normal carb instead of the vacuum line?

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

could I pour an entire can into the tank? Im pretty sure its at least 150L...,
  10. murdog94

I would do the TBI via the brake line it disperses better when you put it in the brake vaccum line. As for the oil i would wait till you only have 200-300 KMs at most. As for the amount into the fuel tank i would just put the can in there if you are planning on going thru that tank of fuel pretty quickly. Alot of the guys in the snowmobile community use Seafoam as a stabilizer and we pour in quite a bit more than reccommended. But burning it quickly will help to clean it out faster.