1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sea Foam in Vaccuum Lines

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by Farmerdave, Jun 14, 2010.

1. 94 Jimmy P/U

94 Jimmy P/U New Member

Cant explain how it works but i use it in the Vaccum lines & in my gas tank too. it's an awesome product .

Mack
  2. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member

hey guys...im thinking about doing this to my 03 chevy 1500 4.8L this spring...but i hear somewhere after running it thru the motor you need to change ur spark plugs afterwards?...i just changed them 1500 miles ago...is that true?...and after running it thru the gas tank you need to change your fuel filter??...i wanna do this to my truck if i dont need to do that...the trucks got 129k on it now?...what is the proper way of doing it to my truck?
  3. Cheez

Cheez Member

I love the stuff. I do it every 5000 miles or so on my 2004 4.8l. It's got just under 180,000 and I've never had any problems with spark plugs or the fuel filter.
  4. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Active Member 1000 Posts

I will be putting some in my truck tomorrow. Hope she likes it. Probably gonna suck it up through the brake booster line and put some in the gas tank. Do need to run some in my outboard but thats a different day.
  5. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member

i will prolly do it to my truck then if i dont have to do spark plugs afterwards(i just did my plugs and wires)....how much do i put thru the brake booster line and what is the procedure for doing it?...like what rpm,do it when the motor is warm,how much,etc.
  6. I add 16oz of sea foam to my motor oil then drive it around 20-30 min then change oil it works great in my 85 m-1028 diesel it keeps the 6.2 running great.
  7. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts

I did mine last week through the brake booster line. I slowly poured the whole can in while working the throttle cable. After the can was in, I shut it off, re-connected the line to the brake booster and let it sit for about 15 minutes, then fired it up and watched it smoke like my mother-in-law for about 10 minutes. It is also good at helping you locate any exhaust leaks! Smoke will come out of every leak you have for about 10 minutes!
  8. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I ran half a can thru my brake booster vacuum line today and a can in the tank. What a difference!!! My rough idle is gone. My wife actually asked me what I did because it is running so smooth at 148,000. Then she asked me to do it to her torrent which has 55k. I am thinking about adding it to the oil before the next change, but I am scared! They guy that owned it did no maintenance to it. I really don't want to see the clumps of crap come out of it. I am actually considering calling the kid I sold my 02 silverado to and telling him that I will change his oil for free if he lets me put SF in it. I only ran Royal purple (got it free) and Mobile one in it since I drove it off the lot. I would be curious to see what comes out of that motor.
  9. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts

Better to see it all come out than wonder what is inside! ;):gasp:
  10. ippielb

ippielb Active Member 1000 Posts

Just to note, but when you do it, you're suppose to dump enough in the booster line to kill the truck completely, and then let it sit. Don't let it sit too long(overnight) as it dries seals.