Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sea Foam walk through?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by KidHauler, Jan 6, 2010.

1. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I searched for and re-read 2COR517's post from last July about adding sea foam through the booster vacuum hose. I've been considering this for a while, but want a little more info on how to go about it.

It just as easy as pouring it in the tube? Do I need a buddy to keep the truck running? Do you throttle it to get it good 'n clean?

Thanks for your input.
  2. zubbiez

zubbiez Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

go to you tube and search seafoam chevy truck there are step by step videos there that will walk you thru the whole process.
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

4. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

My dad used transmission fluild 1/2 quart down the carb once a year. I would be worried about doing it to a newer motor with all the crap on them. The video did say how long to run Seafoam in your oil??
  5. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have always been told for the seafoam in the oil is just a few hundred miles then change it
  6. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Thanks for the info gang.
  7. kwalls22

kwalls22 Rockstar

all you have to do is pour about a third of the bottle in.make sure you do it slowly because if you pur it in to fast the truck will bog out and shut off. It takes a little while to get the third of the bottle in. Let the truck sit for about five to ten minutes with the engine off then crank her over and watch it pour out the white smoke ha its a gassers ways to smoke someone out.
  8. Sportmod5

Sportmod5 New Member

When you use this in the oil and it cleans the bigger slug out can it clog anything up?

Thanks
  9. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

It is supposed to break the sludge down so it will filter thru, and or stay in the bottom of the pan.
  10. SmokeU

SmokeU Rockstar 100 Posts

Its 300 miles