Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

sea foam

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by countryboy73703, Sep 24, 2010.

1. countryboy73703

countryboy73703 Rockstar

alright sorry this is going to be quick and short, in a rush, so I don't have a vacuum hose that goes to my booster... so I put some in a spray bottle, and sprayed it in my intake while it was running, and there's a vacuum hose that goes from the intake to the motor, and poor some in... how ever, after letting it sit for 30 min. or so.... no white smoke like everybody talks about... whats going on, I feel like I didn't get enough in there for it to do anything helpful really.. thank in advance.. '98 5.7 vortech

2. countryboy73703

countryboy73703 Rockstar

Help...

ok so I used the seafoam thru the booster vacuum hose... and it was doing good... blowing out smoke as a was pooring.. then I poored too much and stalled it out.. and now it won't start.. got some starter fluid and had my wife turn the key and push the pedal down and with me constantly spraying as she's doing that is the only way it will run.... it's almost like it's not getting any fuel.. how ever.. it's not running... help!

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I'd pull the spark plugs and look at them, they may need to be cleaned.

4. countryboy73703

countryboy73703 Rockstar

well I just recently changed them, but I'll try that now.. it's almost 7 in the morning, and I gotta get her running.. I"ll get back to you...

5. countryboy73703

countryboy73703 Rockstar

update... well I cleaned the plugs... they were pretty covered, but didn't work, cleaned the mass air flow sensor, and intake manifold.... nothing.. so I started thinking since it would run on constant spraying starter fluid, maybe it's on the fuel side.... sure as hell... I don't hear my fuel pump kicking on anymore... SO... pulled the relay, and cleaned the lead and put it back in, and I can hear the relay tick to turn on the pump, but it's still not coming on, so I'm going to replace the relay just to make sure, and if thats not that problem, then looks like my saturday is going to be spent replacing the fuel pump... and trust me, I'm not excited about it.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

well.. fuel pump relay is good... which mean it's prob. the pump it's self.... not to excited... anybody done this job before... I don't think it's too bad, just more or less time consuming if I"m not mistakin... and advice or tips would be great..

6. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

You have the time consuming part right but it really isnt to bad it took me just over an hour and a half on my 2000 S-10 blazer just be sure you try to siphon out some of the fuel if you have a full tank. And on the last chevy truck that i did honestly i juts cut a hole in the box floor since i was sick and tired of dropping the tank,

7. countryboy73703

countryboy73703 Rockstar

I got're done... fuel pump was deffinently the problem, but it looked like it was the one that manufactured, that and I had to wire in a the new harness, so I"m not complaining, that one lasted for about 150,000 so... el well.. prob going to be selling it soon though however...I feel like a sinner, but I'm really liking the 04-06 F150's.. we'll see how it goes though... always will be a fan of chevy though!

8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Glad to hear all is well, and im with you on the 04-08 (all the same body style) F-150s... But Chevies are still my top truck..