Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Seafoam Help?!?!

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by AL3X, Aug 12, 2010.

1. AL3X

AL3X Rockstar

ok so i keep hearing about Seafoam and how it makes wonders into reality
    so i am going to take the challenge and do this but im a little skeptical about pouring it into my oil, i dont mind pouring it into my gas tank and the brake booster can guys help me out with a couple of questions

1. is one bottle enough or do i need 2?
    2. do i need to fill up the tank to pour the Seafoam and how much to pour in their?
    3. when i put the Seafoam in the brake booster line do i let it suck it in or do i have to make it go in?
    4. if i only do the gas and brake booster do i still have to change the oil?

If you guys have any other comments on how to do this let me know how step by step thanks:glasses:

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Go to there website, Seafoam.com and they have all sorts of info. They also have a new spray can for cleaning the intake manifold.

3. AL3X

AL3X Rockstar

well i looked at their site but it doesnt have a step by step guide it just demonstrates how good there product is..
    which is why i posted this up

4. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You can put it in the gas and intake and not have to change the oil.
    On how much to put in the gas, read the back of the bottle because it has the correct ratio printed on there. Same thing for the oil.
    When you do put it in the oil, do it 100 to 200 miles before you plan on changing the oil and then watch the sludge come out of the motor.

5. AL3X

AL3X Rockstar

well i bought it and put it through, i must say i think i made my own type of cloud for the atmosphere haha because my truck has 185k and i had never done this so just imagine
    anyways for an hour i got really pissed because the check engine light turned on and right away i got my programmer to tell me that it had to do with the MAF sensor or a vaccum line so i just disconnected the battery and took it for a spin. Problem solved the light did not turn on but people over react that it does wonders i slightly felt a difference from the way it idles and goes of from a stop other than that everything else is the same

6. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

It is some great stuff!!! I have noticed the same.. When i put it into my 304K mile blazer it made a cloud for a long long time. And now it runs better than most with 100K miles..

7. AL3X

AL3X Rockstar

ok so now im debating over this is.. just about a month ago i changed the oil and when i seafoamed the truck i pour a little bit into the oil not a whole lot but do i still need to change the oil or can i leave it like that?

8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

You will want to do it before an oil change.. Basically it breaks down the sludge and the oil. Hence the 200 miles before you do your oil change recommendation. Also having the sludge in your oil pan for the oil pump to pick up isnt a good thing. So i would just hold off. I have to do the same thing since im not due for about 1000 miles..

9. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Let a couple tanks of gas go through and check you average mpg. I'm betting you're going to notice a good difference there.

10. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I think what type of driving, city or highway and the quality fuel you run makes a diffenrance in how your truck preforms after the Seafoaming.