1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Seafoam...how often?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by tlavergne, Feb 3, 2011.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. tlavergne

tlavergne New Member

Been checking out the old threads about Seafoam and still have a few questions. I have a 1999 Suburban with a 454 engine and 120,000 miles. I have never used the stuff but want to start. Do most folks use it in the crankcase at every oil change, once a year, or other? As to using it as a fuel additive...same question...how often? Do you use it with a full tank, half a tank, etc?
    Thanks.
    Tom

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I use it to clean the throttlebody, the spray can and put a can in the fuel tank per the cans instruction. Once a year should be fine. Go to the website and they have several videos to watch.

3. 00Silverado5.3

00Silverado5.3 New Member

I did it at the 100k mark

4. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Same here I did it at the 100,000 mark but I will continue to do it every year!

5. tlavergne

tlavergne New Member

When this stuff is added to the gas tank is it a good idea to change the fuel filter after 100 miles or so of driving?

6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

If you add to the gas tank do it just before a oil change because some of the carbon and other dirt will end up in the oil, also I would run a full tankful and then change the fuel filter.

7. tlavergne

tlavergne New Member

Thanks. Kind of what I thought.

8. Big_Ben

Big_Ben Rockstar 100 Posts

I do seafoam in gas tank and vacuum line once a year. In Oil 2-3 oil changes in a row, then not again for the next 4 or 5. Just my method, others have their own.

9. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I do the intake yearly in the spring since the motor up here idles more in the winter. I do the oil once every 4-5 oil changes.. and once in the tank in the spring as well.