Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Seafoam in gas tank

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by sierra11, Mar 1, 2012.

1. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have been reading several reviews on using seafoam and was wondering do you just poor some into the gas tank or what? I haven't seen anyone say exactly

2. dedmon27

dedmon27 Rockstar 100 Posts

Yes you can put some in the tank. It will stabilize for up to two years, and will clean up your injectors. The bottle says how to use it in any system.

3. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

4. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

Oh okay thanks yeah my truck has been a little sluggish lately so maybe this will help clean it out

5. TMAL1

TMAL1 Member

Recently finishing a major rebuild on my 89 suburban. New motor, custom interior w/24" LCD and stereo system, overhead console, lift,electric front seats, custom tach mount, etc...trying to fire a new motor but can't get the tbi to fire...anyway. the truck sat for 6 months during the work. I put seafoam in the tank to help out the old fuel. I heard good things about it.

6. Big_Ben

Big_Ben Rockstar 100 Posts

My sig says it all haha. I put that sh*t in everything! Been using it for 3 years now steadily in EVERYTHING since it was first shown to me. Seriously, everything. Transmissions (Seafoam TransTune), Oil, Gas tanks, vacuum lines, brake booster lines. Amazing stuff!

For your truck gas tank, put an entire can in it. One can treats 30 - 90 Litres. It's sad that I know this info by heart now haha.

When doing an oil change, dump half a can into the oil and drive for about 100 km or so, then change the oil. Dump the other half of the can in your gas tank. If you want to do brake booster/vacuum line - use the entire can.

Excellent stuff, cannot say enough about it. I've personally used it in my truck, atvs, snowmobiles, snowblowers, lawnmowers, generators, outboard motors, inboard motors, motorcycles, dirt bikes, you name it. The only thing I haven't tried it in is an airplane.

7. nikkeshelton

nikkeshelton Member 2 Years 100 Posts

What is Seafoam?

8. Big_Ben

Big_Ben Rockstar 100 Posts

9. Josh

Josh Member 100 Posts

matter of fact i put a whole can in my tank yesterday. when i did my fuel filter change.