1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Seafoam Really Works

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by bry2500, Mar 14, 2009.

1. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Me and my brother in law both seafoamed our trucks tonight. He has a Toyota tocoma with 95000 miles. I only have 42600. You could definitely tell the difference. His truck put out more smoke than mine but on both of ours you could tell there was improvement. I had a sparatic skip at idle and it is now gone and he says his truck is running much better. I'm sold on this product and recommend it to everyone.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  2. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Its funny many balk at the seafoam like its some of the old snake oil products from yesteryear but it really does work!
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Thanks for posting this, I have my two cans sitting on my work bench ready for the summer time. I am glad to hear that it fixed your idle, because that is one of the problems mine is having. Thanks for the vote of confidence in what seems like a really cool product, SEA FOAM don't let me down now :party:
  4. k_lakey

k_lakey New Member

it helped me out ALOT!
  5. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Good to know!
  6. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I took my truck up the high way this morning and I could notice better throttle response. I am thoroughly convinced that this stuff cleaned loads of crap out of the engine. I followed the thread on how to use seafoam. Seafoam says to use a can in the crank, a can in the gas tank and a can into the intake. I used a 1/3 of a can for each as was posted in the thread. I believe it was enough to get out the junk. Next time I do it I will probably put a whole can in the gas tank and half a can in the other 2 places. I will be seafoaming my wifes minivan today.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14374&highlight=seafoam
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  7. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

the stuff works,
  8. Saltcitycustoms

Saltcitycustoms New Member

I have used it many times, it's great stuff.
  9. Peckens

Peckens Member

i seafoamed my old dakota a few times, i think its more fun than anything lol
  10. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

That's why I usually recommend it for everyone with issues with the way thier truck runs. That stuff is GOLD

they came out with it after STP tune up in a can had been taken off the market. it basically does the same thing but the STP had something harmful to the environment in it so they had to quit producing it. Seafoam does the same thing and does give a noticable difference in performance.