Seafoam

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Bobby1021, Mar 27, 2010.

Newest Photos

1. Bobby1021

Bobby1021 New Member

any one ever try this with good results
  2. ZSI52

ZSI52 New Member 100 Posts

I just done it for the first time in my truck. It has 80.000 miles on it. I stuck it in the vaccum line, oil, and gas tank. I let it set for about 45 minutes and then started it and it's ran great ever since. I got some throttle response back and the rough idle went away.
  3. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i sea foamed my jeep cherokee the other day for the first time. my jeep has 223,000 thousand miles. after the sea foam treatment, the idle definitely improved, the throttle response got a little stronger and the exhaust sounds just a little deeper. i was impressed. i will definitely use it for my silverado.
  4. pmartin816

pmartin816 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

In my opinion one of the best products out there for your truck or car. You can put it in the vaccum line, oi,l and gas. I've never used it in the oil and have heard you need to change your oil shortly after using in the oil. Do it shortly before an oil change.
  5. Davelopn

Davelopn New Member

I agree that Seafoam is great stuff!!!! I use it in everything once a year in the gas tank. Helps clean things out. I also use in my 72 vette that sits all winter long. keeps the fuel from breaking down and definitely cleans things out. I would recommend this for everyone to try and use. I also used it on an old Exploder in the tranny before a flush and, it really made a difference. Ran it for about 50 miles before the flush and it helped loosen tons of debris out. GREAT PRODUCT = SEAFOAM!!!!
  6. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 New Member 100 Posts

Well I never used it. Then I heard everyone making a big fuss about it here. So I tried a bottle 1/4 in the oil & ran it putting the other 3/4 bottle down the vacuum line.Shut it off & changed the oil,greased it. Its sat about 20 minutes. Started it up blew the carbon out boy she was a smoking.But it took most of the miss out of it.I didnt see any change in power,take off,or gas mileage. Just smooth idle ..
  7. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Well I guess ill be trying it as well.... ill post my results and right now my motor runs like doodooo... so well see after i do the other things that need to be done...
  8. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I use it once a year in my Silverado. I put one can in the gas tank, 1/2 can in the oil and 1/2 can in a vacuum line. Let it sit for a while, fire it up and enjoy the thick clouds of white smoke that pour out the exhaust! Then I change the oil within a hundred miles or so. It's definitely good stuff!
  9. Bobby1021

Bobby1021 New Member

if im only doing it in my vacume line do i need to change my oil afterwards?
  10. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I dont believe that you have to but simply doing it when you are close to due for an oil change is a good idea so you can get some fresh oil in it with out simply changing your oil in the middle of your service interval.