Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

seafoam

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by sharpshooterusmc, Apr 1, 2010.

1. sharpshooterusmc

sharpshooterusmc Rockstar 100 Posts

i wanted to run seafoam through my 01 2500HD but it has hydroboost brakes. all i can find to do it this way is to run it through the pcv valve. do the newer vortecs have a pcv and where is it

2. xjoedx

xjoedx New Member

on mine its on the back, driver's side corner of the engine. Has a hose running into it, obviously, that basically covers the valve so its hard to see

3. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Check your previous post on the 24th. I researched some more and found that the pcv only feeds the back two cylinders.

There is a Seafoam Spray that comes with a tube so you can go in through the trottle body and spray the plenum interior. Seafoam has a section on their site that addresses the Vortec.

Good luck,

4. sharpshooterusmc

sharpshooterusmc Rockstar 100 Posts

thx man, i appriciate it