Seafoam???????????????????????????

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by michiganhunter, Jun 30, 2010.

1. michiganhunter

michiganhunter New Member

I have a 98 k1500 with 113,000 miles on it, I have heard the hype about this stuff watched it on youtube on how to use it saw the people starting there trucks and they smoked like crazy... So i bought some today tried it in my truck put a whole can of it in my gastank, opened the hood poured 1/2 of another can into the oil fill tube and started up the truck and removed the brake booster vacuum hose inserted my funnel and continued to pour 2/3 of the leftover half ihad left extremely slow as to not stall the motor, and then i poured the last 1/3 in fast to stall the motor just like everyone said to do.. Well I let it sit about 15 minutes started up the truck and the sucker hardly smoked I guess i woul dlike to know is this normal,lol. cause the trucks on youtube smoked wildly....

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

They let is sit for 1-2 hours usually.. and you will want to pour a bit faster with the motor idled up... Also your motor might not have to much carbon as well since my 1988 with a newer motor didnt smoke that much either.

3. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It really depends on the fuel you use and how well you maintain you fuel filtering and air filtering systems. If you use quality fuel then you won't have a lot of carbon build up. If you don't have a clean delivery system then that will cause build up too. The smoke coming out of the trucks is the carbon build up being burnt off.