1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Seafoaming My 4.3L

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by silveradoguy87, Feb 4, 2011.

1. silveradoguy87

silveradoguy87 New Member

Tomorrow I am going to seafoam my '05 Silverado 4.3 v6.

I need help locating the vacuum line that will spread it to all cylinders. IF someone could point me in the right direction, i'd appreciate it.
  2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Most of the posters here use the brake booster hose. They disconnect it from the booster end so they have the 2 1/2 foot section of hose & is easy to use.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Look on Seafoams website and they show how to spray into the intake throttlebody, this will get the intake manifold and ALL the cylinders clean.
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Any vacuum hose will distribute the SF to all cylinders. I prefer to pour it down the IAC port in the throttle body, or simply on the throttle plate. Sucking the SF through the small ports seems to atomize it better.
  5. silveradotrailblazer

I think on Seafoams website they don't recommend pouring in down the IAC port.
  6. silveradoguy87

silveradoguy87 New Member

I sent it down the throttle body right over the plate while a buddy laid on the gas a little. Let it sit and it smoked awhile. Now it runs like it use to, 90,000 miles ago. Love SeaFoam!
  7. silveradotrailblazer

Run a tankful with Seafoam just before your next oil change, it will clean any junk/water thats in the fuel system.
  8. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Seafoams the greatest!!! Silveradoguy87 I'm trying to start a V6 group to share tips etc. Check out the groups section. Hope to get some pics soon.