Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Seals

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by dfhollums, Feb 3, 2014.

1. dfhollums

dfhollums Rockstar

Has anyone here been successful in rebuilding the p/s pump on a 1999 Chevy Suburban using the rebuild seal kit that is available?

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I did not know that they even had a kit. I could not find one for my 2005. Most people don't bother rebuilding things anymore, they just buy new or remans. I would guess that you would have to tear it apart and look for wear on things like the shaft where it rides on the oring or a wiper of some sort. If there is no major wear than I see no reason that it would not work. if the pump in noisy now, you might not want to even bother. the noise could indicate wear on other parts inside the pump.

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I bought a rebuild kit from rock auto last year for my 04 Colorado rack and pinion, all I can say is holy moly extra parts batman!!! We ended up just buying a new rack.

4. dfhollums

dfhollums Rockstar

I am going to go a head and change out the whole P/S pump.