seat belt chime

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by bartstar, Aug 22, 2007.

1. bartstar

bartstar New Member

Does anyone know how to disable the seat belt chime on a 07 Trailbalzer SS?

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Well, it will go off if you wear the seat belt. :rofl:

Otherwise, there is no real way that i'm aware of without cutting some type of wire or something. You could probably figure it out with a schematic of the wiring, but I wouldn't try it. I'm not certain if it has it's own chime in the dash or some type of relay behind the dash just for that either. They used to in the old days.

3. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm not sure about the exact method, but the user manual typically has a explanation on how to disable the chime. But I have to agree with Steve, the best way to disable it is to just wear it. However I do recognize that is not always an option for some people due to their own specific reasons. I would check in the owner manual, or contact your dealer.

Sorry I can't help you more.

I know on my '01 ranger, i had to turn key on flash lights three times, beep the horn twice, press and release the brake twice, and offer my daughter to the devil.
    Seemed like too much work so I never bothered....:winktongue:

4. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

:lol:Funny...... btw, in the old days when I didn't wear belts I would unplug the chime module that was located next to the fuse panel. Haven't bothered to look lately.

5. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Oh my.....you almost said the "F" word

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  6. JeffW

JeffW Rockstar

when i installed my JVC deck in my 07 the 100$ harness that i had to buy to make it work and make the chimes work solved my problem, doesnt chime just shows on dash.. go figure.

7. black jack

black jack Rockstar 100 Posts

I used to never ware mine when I had my 02 avalanche but the nag(wife) always complained and now with my 05 avalanche the bell goes off and dash flashes so I call the truck nag#2. First it was the wife now the truck whats next.

8. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro Rockstar 100 Posts

open up the seat belt buckle and fuse the wires togetherso itll think its always on!

9. WwRGSwW

WwRGSwW New Member

Its simple I did this in my 07 Colorado for when I go off roading, Feel the buckle next to the seat, you should feel two wires coming out of it, just cut one of them, its a basic circuit, when its unbuckled, it closes the circuit, and makes a connection, when its buckled it opens the circuit turning off the chime.

I thought at first it was they needed to be fused together, but its they need to be apart!