1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Seat Belt Help

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Big B, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Big B

Big B Member

Hello from the West Coast.
    I have a 2004 Burb, with only 60,000 original miles on it, the car has been babied, excellent maintenance.
    My problem is with the passenger side seat belt in the front seat. WHen my wife puts it on, it will not release, by that I don't mean unbuckle, I mean that when she tries to lean forward or put her thumb under the shoulder strap and pull out some slack it will not give. You are help tightly against the back of the seat.
    The only way to release it is to unbuckle it and pull it out and then re buckle it. It's like it only goes one way, tighter.
    All other belts and shoulder straps work fine.
    Any suggestions on how to fix this???
    :money:

2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I know if you pull them all the way out its supposed to do that.

3. Big B

Big B Member

Your not implying that my wife is overweight are you?:grrrrrr:
    :lol:

4. ahmitchell1

HAha not at all the only reason i even know that is cuz i used to get bore riding with my dad in his tahoe and id pull them

5. Big B

Big B Member

Not sure I understand, are you saying that if you pull the belt all the way out, it will lock and not move in and out?
    If so, how do you reset them??
    Thanks for your input.
    B

6. ahmitchell1

when u let them go all the way back in it should reset them.