1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Seat belt problem in my 02 trailblazer

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by Fastdude, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Fastdude

Fastdude New Member

The seatbelt on the passenger side seems to stick if you pull it ot to far and it feels like its chokin the person in the passneger seat if that makes sense. You have to unbuckle it and redo it to loosen it. Can someone please tell me whats wrong with it.

2. jsdomino

jsdomino New Member

I have the same problem on my 2002 TB. Had it to the dealer several times, but no resolution. Next time I am there, I am going to demand it be replaced. Or a scathing letter to GM will follow.

3. Fastdude

Fastdude New Member

I had it there to and they told me the same thing that there is no fix, its just how it was made. Thats a bunch of crap if you ask me.

4. scjzman

scjzman New Member

Your dealer is full of it. That's a bunch of BS. There is a GM recall for this so the dealers cannot claim ignorance. It's GM Recall number 04037 and the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration Campaign ID Number is 04V201000.

5. GMMan4ever

GMMan4ever New Member

Guys, keep in mind that GM has always had a "feature" that did this to keep the occupants from jerking forward and back in the case of an accident. The first jolt from the accedent (and also extending the seatbelt almost fully out) will engage the safety lock. once engaged it is designed to rewind as much belt as it can and hold it until the belt is released andallowed to fully retrack. I think the real issue here is that the seat belt is either short so the feature is engaging too soon or the locking latch is too sensitive. In either case they will replace the seatbelt if it's being too problematic. there is just no real gaurantee that replacing it is going ot fix the problem.