1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Seat cover questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by dock420, Mar 14, 2012.

1. dock420

dock420 Member

So im looking to do something with the stock cloth seats. Not being a forward thinker, I have the black cloth interior and a white dog.....He never gets in the truck, except for what hair is on the clothing. The two options I'm looking at are: 1. I found Katzkin on Ebay for $550.00. You have to remove the cloth and basically reskin the seat (or pay someone to do it). 2. I looked at Clazzio, about $450.00. They are seat covers that seem pretty close to OEM when installed.

I'm aware of the Katzkin name, but was wondering if anyone has used the Clazzio. I watched a video and it doesnt seem that hard.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  2. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Never let the dog in the truck?

Sell the truck.

Dogs & trucks are like pizza & beer. They belong together.

My burb has a nose high dogsnot smear stripe inside all my windows.

Katskin is very good. Never heard of the other brand.
  3. dock420

dock420 Member

Alright-let me rephrase....I don't let the wife's white dog in the car, but my Malinois is a frequent traveler...Somehow I knew I would catch it for the no dog comment.
  4. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

katz is leather. I don't think they make cloth kits. (I could be wrong on this... so don't flame me if I am!) I am not much on "Seat Covers"... Given a few months, they start to look like a$$. For that kind of money, you could probably find some OEM seats in the boneyard. Double it and get a set of conversion truck seats. :)
  5. dock420

dock420 Member

The katzkin is a leather set that comes in a kit. The clazzio has 2 options 1 is leather seating area and vinyl sides and 2 is all vinyl. They made a youtube video that's about 9 minutes and did it to an f150. It looks kinda cool, but I don't know the long term look and feel.
  6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I've haven't heard anything good or bad regarding clazzio, but have hear many good things about Katzkin. Although the after pics are missing, check out this thread from [MENTION=25593]99'HEARTBEAT[/MENTION] as it contains some great comments. He installed his Katzkin last fall and I know he is extremely happy with the quality and look. If he catches this thread, he may put back up the after pictures....it looks like something changed with his photo-bucket upload.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/74261-Installed-Katzkin?highlight=Katzkin
  7. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Hee Hee, glad you laughed at it. all in fun. Malinois are such beautiful dogs. All German Shephards wanna grow up to be a Belgian Malinois
  8. jazzrome

jazzrome New Member

Have you checked with your local dealer. My Chevy dealer installed factory leather seat covers on my 07 Silverado for 580 plus tax.
  9. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I have Cover Craft seat covers in my truck. I have the same issue with dog hair. I have a Yellow Lab and a Jack Russell Terror. They don't get to ride in the truck much. But when they do they stay in the back seat. I put a cheap dog seat cover I got from Petsmart on those occasions. The covers I have are neoprene and the dog hair comes off the front seat pretty easily. The other nice thing is I can take the covers off the seat and toss them in the wash machine.