1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Seatbelt Chime

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by BillNH, Dec 15, 2009.

1. BillNH

BillNH New Member

Hello everyone I'm new to the forum and was looking for some help. I just traded in my 01 Silverado for a 09. So far I love it. One thing that does bother me is the seatbelt chime. I do wear my seat belt most of the time but when I don't around town its irritating. Is there anyway to disconnect this? Thanks in advance for you help.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  2. BillNH

BillNH New Member

sorry wrong section
  3. kylegillean

kylegillean Former Member

Yes please someone answer this. Sucks when driving around on the trails up north at 10mph.
  4. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If i told you i'd have to kill you:lol:No really thats a good question i wana know too!!
  5. lsutoms

lsutoms Rockstar 100 Posts

i only have my drivers seat that has power and there seems to be a sensor under my passenger seat but i cant seem to get the clip off..... i would love to know this answer
  6. Viper

Viper Rockstar 100 Posts

There is a switch that is located inside the buckle for the seat belt, that once the switch closes it shuts off the chime and light noticifaction, just need to find that wire in the buckle and ground it out
  7. BillNH

BillNH New Member

Thanks for the info. I will check it out and update with what I find.
  8. 95Chevyk1500

95Chevyk1500 Rockstar 100 Posts

when im huntin up north we just buckle the seat belt then sit in the seat. truck thinks ur buckled and its happy
  9. lsutoms

lsutoms Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks for the info! If anyone finds the wire in the 07-09 please tell us how you did it!

Or if u have a junkyard around you find just the clip n stick it in there!!! :)