Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

seatbelt

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by zdogefizzle, May 17, 2008.

1. zdogefizzle

zdogefizzle New Member

hi, my i am new to this forum and i have been looking for something like this. i love it. i have a 99 gmc sierra with 230,000 miles but im about to replace the engine with a crate. anyways the passenger seatbelt wont roll back into the seat after you pull it out. you have to hold it at a 90 degree angle and feed it in. i was wondering if i could replace the spring in there and if so how? is there anyway i could make something to give it more tension?
    thanks, zack

2. collinsperformance

collinsperformance Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

you might find it faster and easier to swap out the belt. you can get new or reman or from the junk yard cheap.....mike

3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site. As said above, I think your best bet would be the "salvage yard" route. Once the "spring " has sprung, just get a replacement belt. Good luck!

4. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site :sign0016:

5. zdogefizzle

zdogefizzle New Member

alright thank you. how much would i expect to pay? and if the belt on the salveged one is bad (like it is dirty etc.) could i swap springs with it?

6. collinsperformance

collinsperformance Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

it can cost $1-15 depending on the yard. you can wash the new belt and cover with super purple clean and it will almost look new you might be able to do it i would practise on a belt in the yard and see----use a dirty or one that is junk as to not ruin good parts....mike

7. zdogefizzle

zdogefizzle New Member

ok sounds good. thanks for your help